Carbonite Onsite Backup
Protect an entire system with secure, automatic backup.
Contact us today to learn how Carbonite Onsite Backup can help you build a sound data protection strategy.
What it does
Carbonite Onsite Backup automatically replicates data securely across your own private network. Use your own hardware or choose from our line of backup appliances. Keep physical and virtual systems protected—and when disaster strikes, easily restore data to any recovery point.
- Protect critical server data automatically on your designated hardware.
- Copy backups to a secondary location for added protection.
- Centralize backups from branch offices to HQ and in the cloud.
- Restore current or historical data from any date.
- Optimize bandwidth utilization with compression and throttling.
How it works
- Subscription includes hardware, software and one or seven years of version history in the cloud.
- The software automatically backs up data to your chosen hardware.
- Install the appliance in your data center and the Carbonite agent software on each server that needs protection.
- Choose to recover files, folders, servers or an entire site.
- Links branch offices to a central backup location, and replicates backups between data centers
- Utilizes your hardware, or Carbonite Hybrid appliance
- Creates image-based backups, offering bare metal and granular restore capabilities
- Enables easy monitoring of backups with centralized, web-based dashboard
- Supports over 200 OS versions, applications and platforms
- Provides 256-bit private key encryption where you hold the keys
- Offers remote reporting capabilities through REST API
- Includes award-winning technical support, available 24/7
Carbonite Onsite Backup is our first line of defense against data loss. We have successfully recovered from crypto virus infections that spread to our network drives on multiple instances and also recovered our Exchange server database from a complete RAID failure loss.
Operating systems and hypervisors
- Linux (RedHat and SuSE)
- VMware and Hyper-V
- IBM AIX
- IBM iSeries
Application-aware agent plugins
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Exchange
- Oracle DB
Keep it close with Carbonite Onsite Backup
Protect data for your entire organization and manage it all from a central dashboard using the onsite hardware of your choice.Download now
Gartner retires data loss prevention magic quadrant
In "It’s time to redefine data loss prevention," we believe Gartner defends its decision to retire a popular magic quadrant and explains why data security governance should also include visibility, intelligence and analytics. Gartner Report: It’s Time to Redefine Data Loss Prevention, Brian Reed, 19 September 2017.Download now
This case study of RealTime Group is based on a November 2016 survey of Carbonite Powered by EVault customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.Download now